• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tigeraid

tigeraid

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

Well, this was a neat project, on a pretty uncommon subject. Based off the customer's wife's real-life '88 T-Bird with a V8. I still have not made the license plates or "World Peace" decal for the trunklid to match the real life car, as I'm waiting to buy a colour cartridge for my printer... But I couldn't resist posting the otherwise-finished work. :armata_PDT_03:

It was built using a Turbocoupe, which is essentially the same body-wise. Colour is Ford Twilight Blue Metallic... Seatbelts added using masking tape and styrene... Wheels are 10-Hole Ford Wheels by Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland (they're AWESOME), with the hubcaps in place as the customer requested. The engine is from a Revell 5.0 Mustang.

Turns out the 1988 base Thunderbird had a unique grille that was never made in scale form, and would've been rather difficult to duplicate... Luckily, the real car has a bra on it, and the customer said he'd love to see it on the model, so I gave it a shot. It's masking tape painted semi-gloss black, detailed with a Sharpie. Gaps were cut for the headlights, and a blank spot for the license plate that'll be added later. I think it turned out pretty good, as it has folds and little wrinkles much like the real one has.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Angelo

Angelo

Commander in Chief

• Moderators
  • 15,021 posts
  • Interests:I really enjoy anything automotive, motorcycling, flying as well as snowboarding and skiing. Oh and model building. Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/angeloz1073?feature=mhee

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:33 PM

Wow awesome job. I love the bra on there. Looks very realistic.

Wanna see more? Check out my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...73?feature=mhee

Current Works In Progress:
Angelo and Shay 37 Chevy Double Build
1/32 Tamiya F-16
1:1 Harley Davidson Sportster Cafe Racer

Future Builds (in no particular order):
Completion of Model Factory Hiro Ferrari 250 GTO
Tamiya 1/12 Enzo
Classic Hot Rod......Tow Truck?
Knight Rider
AT-6/SNJ Texan

#3 RobH

RobH

Private

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:37 AM

Great work on the T-Bird, have to agree with Angelo, that "car bra" looks fantastic.

#4 Ron

Ron

Secretary of Defense

• Members
  • 8,063 posts
  • Interests:Music, Model Building and Cars

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:44 AM

Another one that looks just like the 1:1...nice job on the front bra.
Ron
Current WIPs

1996 Corvette Grand Sport

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users